Southwestern Hummus

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Yep, another hummus recipe. Can you tell what I'm into lately? Luke and I love hummus, and now that I'm comfortable making it myself, I'm happy to try out all kinds of variations to save some money at the grocery store. This particular recipe we ate alone with veggies and pita chips and also in wraps. It's amazing in any form!


Southwestern Hummus 


Ingredients:
1 (16 oz.) can Garbanzo beans, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
Juice from 1/2 lemon (sorry forgot it in the picture)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tbsp. roasted red pepper

Preparation Instructions:
Blend all ingredients in the food processor until you reach the desired consistency. Enjoy!

*Note: I would maybe add 1/2 tsp. of cayenne next time. We don't mind a little spice to our food.

Simple as that. Isn't hummus amazing? Sorry I was too busy digging into the food processor bowl to put the hummus in a pretty bowl and stage a picture. Basically it looks just like any other hummus just slightly redder. Deeee-licious!

Adapted from this recipe.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images