Chili Basil Chicken

Thursday, December 03, 2015

This is a recipe that my best friend in the entire world, Tiffany, gave me years ago. If I remember right, she (or her husband) found it in a Men's Health magazine and it's so good!
It's a super simple chicken dish that you then serve over either cilantro lime rice or parslied rice with a nice salad, and it's really filling. It does have a little spice to it because of the whole jalapeno, so if you're not into spicy food just use less of the jalapeno. Here are all the ingredients (minus the lime, I forgot it!):

Chili Basil Chicken

Prep Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves 4

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts, cut into ~1 inch cubes (or chicken tenders)
3 tbsp. chili sauce
1 tbsp. lime juice
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 cup fresh basil, or 1 tbsp. dried basil
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sugar

Preparation Instructions:
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add jalapeno and garlic and cook on medium heat until slightly browned. Add diced chicken to pan and cook thoroughly. While the chicken mixture is cooking, mix together chili sauce, soy sauce, and pepper in a small bowl. When the chicken is done, add the sauce to the skillet and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add in basil and mix thoroughly.

Serve over either cilantro lime rice, or parslied rice. The night I made this, I added about a palm-full of dried parsley to cooked rice.

* If you're not sure what the heck chili sauce is, you're not alone. I had no idea it existed before I made this. At my grocery store, it lives in the ketchup aisle. I love it! It's like a zesty ketchup. Since making this I've used it on burgers and with fries. It's so so good.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images