Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Thursday, October 08, 2015

I love fish. Basically all kinds, in all forms. I'm a super un-picky person. During my "12 Week Transformation" I ate a TON of salmon and tilapia. After eating either of those options almost nightly for 12 weeks, you get a little sick of fish and need to find new ways to cook them. I found this recipe during that time and it's become one of my nightly go-to meals. It's super quick and easy and really good. Sorry, my pictures aren't fabulous...but really does tilapia photograph well? You be the judge.


Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Prep Time: 5 minutes | Total: 20 minutes | Serves 4

Ingredients:
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. chopped parsley (or 1/2 tbsp. dried)
1 tbsp. olive oil (or even spraying the fish with cooking spray would work just fine)
4 tilapia fillets (about 4 oz each)
Lemon, cut into wedges

Preparation Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil. Absolutely don't skip this step. I don't know about you, but I hate hand-washing dishes and my baking pans don't always fit in my dishwasher. Lining my baking sheets with foil makes for super easy clean up! Just throw away the foil, and done!

In a shallow bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, paprika, and parsley. Drizzle the tilapia fillets with the olive oil, then dredge in the cheese mixture, pressing it in lightly with your fingers if necessary. Transfer to the baking sheet.

Bake until the fish is opaque or flakes easily with a fork in the thickest part (that's how I always test it), about 10-12 minutes. Serve with the lemon slices. I eat mine with a bunch of steamed veggies and sometimes brown rice. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images