Oatmeal Banana Muffins

Friday, October 30, 2015

Need a quick run-out-the-door kind of breakfast? Make these! Being in graduate school full-time this semester has been a whirlwind I feel like I'm constantly doing about 40 things at once. There's always an exam (or 2 or 3) to study for, a group project (or 2 or 3) to work on, multiple research studies to read and write papers on, and then trying to have a somewhat normal life on top of it. Cooking has kind of gone by the wayside lately, which I hate because my kitchen is my happy place! So when I've had a chance to actually cook lately, they've been quick, simple recipes like this one.


 Have you noticed I love bananas?! Well I do! We almost always have a bunch of bananas on our counter. They're easy to grab and eat in the car on my way to class (yep that's my life lately). Inevitably, I lose track of how ripe my bananas are and they get WAY to ripe to eat raw. I usually make banana bread, but I thought muffins would be good this time. These are delicious! And I made them with whole wheat flour and oats to get more fiber in them. Try them, I know you'll love them!






 Oatmeal Banana Muffins

Prep Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Makes ~16 Muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use all-purpose too)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk when using honey (3/4 cup when using sugar)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup honey or sugar
2-3 mashed overripe bananas

Preparation Instructions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, mix bananas, egg, milk, oil, and honey or sugar. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Don't over-mix. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!



Oh and don't use muffin papers or liners, just spray the muffin tin really well with nonstick spray. If you use paper, you'll never get the muffin out of it! 
 

I may have eaten 2 while taking these pictures...oops!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images