Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Monday, November 16, 2015

Oh y'all.....these are good. Tis the season where everything I make is pumpkin flavored, I love it! These pancakes are really great, not too sweet, not too dense or too fluffy, just right. They really satisfy my need for some pumpkin...well for a minute anyway!


See those pancakes? That slight char is very typical of all pancakes made by me. I always always always leave them on just a touch too long and end up with that. I think my taste buds have become used to that little burnt edge because I don't even notice it anymore. Something to work on! A better blogger would have probably made them again to show you the perfect pancake photo, but I'm just trying to keep it real!  I'll blame my little cooking buddy for distracting me with her cuteness...

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes

Makes 6-7 Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash of ground ginger
Dash of ground cloves
1 cup milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 large egg
2 tbsp. vegetable oil or melted butter

Preparation:
Whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin puree, egg and oil or butter. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Be sure not to over-mix. If the batter is still kind of lumpy, that's totally okay.

Heat a greased skillet or griddle over medium heat. Pour the batter onto the griddle or skillet in 1/3 cup portions. Cook on one side until bubbles start forming on the top, carefully use a spatula to flip the pancake over. Let cook for a few more minutes, or until golden brown.

Transfer the pancakes to a plate or baking sheet and serve immediately or keep warm in an oven set to the warm setting or 200 degrees. Repeat with the rest of the batter until it has all been cooked, re-greasing the pan as needed. Serve with cinnamon, sugar and maple syrup.

Enjoy!

Note: If you're not a fan of nutmeg, ginger or cloves, just increase the cinnamon to 1 full teaspoon.

Recipe adapted from here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images