Roasted Potatoes, Turkey Sausage and Peppers

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

This is one of our favorite recipes! When I'm planning our meals for the week, I always ask my husband if there's anything specific he's been craving and normally I get the "I don't care, I'll eat anything" which is true and nice for me. (If he was picky I don't know what I'd do, he'd starve to death!) But every now and then he actually comes up with something, and more times then not, this is it!


This is the simplest recipe but is so flavorful and comforting, we just love it! I use turkey sausage for this recipe, but I know the original recipe calls for chicken sausage. So this is definitely one of those that you can tailor to suit your tastes. And I use small red potatoes (new potatoes) because I like how they hold up during roasting, they don't break down and get mushy, make sense? But you could easily use any other kind of potato you like or just what you have on hand, just be sure to watch how many you include.

Roasted Potatoes, Turkey Sausage and Peppers

Prep Time: 5-10 min. | Total Time: about 1 hour | Serves 4

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds potatoes, russet or new
1 medium onion, peeled and quartered, layers separated
2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh cracker pepper to taste
1 tsp chopped rosemary (fresh or dry)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Non-stick spray
1 lb. sausage (turkey or chicken, your pick!), cut into ~1/2 pieces

Preparation Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray one large non-stick baking sheet, or two small ones with olive oil spray or whatever nonstick spray you like to use. You know this, but I covered my baking sheets my tin foil and then sprayed it with my nonstick spray to make clean up that much easier!

Cut the potatoes into small 1"x 1/2 inch pieces. These take the longest to cook so cutting them small ensures everything cooks evenly. Combine the potatoes, cut up onion, and cut up bell pepper in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic powder. Stir it all around to be sure that all of the veggies are evenly coated with the oil and spices.


Pour the vegetable mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. 



After 15 minutes, stir around the vegetables to be sure they don't stick to the pan, and add the sausage. Return to the oven and bake an additional 25-35 minutes, or until sausage is cooked through and potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and dig in! Easy peasy!

Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 355
Carbs: 39 g
Fat: 11 g
Protein: 21 g

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images