Favorite Smoothie

Friday, January 08, 2016

Do you ever get those nasty mid-afternoon sugar cravings? The ones where you feel like a person in a Snickers commercial, where you're just going to beat someone up for some sugar. I had one of those yesterday, but instead of reaching for something I would for sure regret, I whipped up one of my absolute favorite smoothies.


I adapted this smoothie from Pioneer Woman's resolution smoothie. She adds honey, which I don't think it needs, and then I add in a splash of pomegranate juice. I especially like this smoothie at this time of year, when my body really craves something fresh. Here's everything you'll need:


Favorite Fruit Smoothie

Total Time: 5 min. | Serves 2 (try to stretch it into 4 servings to save on calories)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup frozen mango
1/2 cup frozen peaches
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
1/2 cup baby carrots
1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
1 ripe banana, peeled
1/2 cup orange juice
1/8 cup pomegranate juice

Preparation Instructions:
Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until completely smooth. Enjoy!

*You could use either fresh or frozen pineapple, but the taste would be a bit different. Also, use whatever flavor of Greek yogurt you like best, but I think either plain or vanilla tastes better. When I make this smoothie for myself, I really just toss in things without measuring, so play with it and see what you like best!

Nutrition Info: per serving
     Calories: 197
     Fat: 0 grams
     Sugar: 35 grams
     Protein: 6 grams
     Fiber: 4 grams
     Carbs: 46 grams

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images