Veggie Lo Mein

Monday, January 25, 2016

More Chinese food!! I'm a lo mein junkie. When I lose my small amount of self control over takeout, I'll order orange chicken with fried rice and a side (haha! It's more the size of a whole entree!) of veggie lo mein. And then just like the Gilmore Girls, I eat on the leftovers for like 2 days...day old Chinese is magical. I lie to myself and say that it's okay because along with those glorious noodles, the lo mein is loaded with vegetables. Do what you gotta do girl! My solution for fulfilling my Chinese food craving without the added calories and sodium is just to make it myself. It's really not that difficult, and the amazing thing about Chinese food is that it takes only minutes to cook! Win win!


Easy Veggie Lo Mein

Prep Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves 4

Ingredients:
8 oz. lo mein noodles (I couldn't find any in my store so I just used normal spaghetti)
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 carrot, julienned
1/2 cup snow peas

For the sauce:
2 tbsp. soy sauce, or more to taste
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. Sriracha, or more to taste

Preparation Instructions:
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ground ginger, and Sriracha. Set this aside for later. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions; strain really well.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot and cook, stirring frequently, under tender. About 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and cook another 2-3 minutes.

Stir in noodles and soy sauce mixture and gently toss to combine. I mean gently! I think I got soy sauce on my back splash. Serve immediately and pig out!



Adapted from Damn Delicious.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

.

Flickr Images